Monday, October 18, 2010

Change is in the air



It feels like a lifetime since my last post.  I've been very overwhelmed lately with life, changing at break-neck speed.   The road we have been traveling is turning in a new direction.

Things can change so quickly and without any notice.  Two weeks ago my husband was laid off from his job of 13 years. We never imagined we would become one of the 12.5% of unemployed in California.  

The panic for me has stopped but not the day to day worry of how will we ever make it.  My husband on the other hand is coping quite nicely.  He says he hasn't been this relaxed in years and it shows all over him.   He is no longer short tempered and smiles quite regularly.  He is starting to get in shape and genuinely appears happy.  

Life is definitely changing but so are the seasons and there is a new calm at my home.  Last night we made a wonderful meal together and I made the first apple pie of the season.  We had a fire in the fireplace and all was right with the world, at least as far as we know it to be.



I have no idea what will happen next, but I know as long as I have my husband and children I will be just fine. 

xoxo,  Dawn

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings! This must be a difficult time, I once read, life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    Our country is going through many changes, we are not sure whats ahead for any of us, we can only trust God's plan. Blessings to you and your family, Glad & Celia/Junebug

    ReplyDelete